At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Public Sector Sales team is looking for a Senior Specialist Solutions Architect to join us in Tysons Corner, VA. In this role, you will be the catalyst creating possibilities, solving problems, and establishing working relationships with customers. You'll help our customers invest in a middleware infrastructure which gives them competitive advantage. You'll need to have a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, detailed understanding of business processes, and the ability to identify and create business solutions across enterprise technology offerings. As a Senior Specialist Solutions Architect, you'll need to have excellent communication and people skills because you'll be a key part of the first experience our customers have with Red Hat. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Primary job responsibilities
* Support the Sales team in the delivery and implementation of Red Hat Middleware solutions
* Identify and analyze customer business and technical needs
* Understand complex middleware solutions, design architecture focused on delivering value, and present the application and ROI of these technology solutions
* Build, design, and present complex solutions to customers
* Meet revenue goals and deployment and service objectives while sustaining good relationships with existing and prospective customers
* Share knowledge and findings with team members to allow them to learn from your work
* Experience working in a technical presales role in support of senior sales executives
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English with the ability to carry out written and spoken presentations
* Ability to interpret customer business and technical needs and explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Passion for open source technologies and community-based development
* Design and architecture experience with middleware solutions and application suite like Red Hat Middleware, IBM WebSphere, webMethods, Oracle WebLogic, or TIBCO
* Excellent prioritization skills; ability to work in remote offices and stay organized
* Experience with implementation of solutions in a JEE environment or with Java programming is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.