Job Title - Senior Specialist, Program Management
Job Location - Rochester
Job Code - CS20192506-31825
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Responsible for managing the cost, revenue, cash, and schedule requirements for large international program pursuits and execution. Ensures that development and resources such as engineering, manpower, and demos are timely to support internal and external delivery targets. Manage multiple development programs and international partnerships including subcontractors. Involved in defining deliverables, and guiding internals teams to address short and long-term needs. Experienced in developing win strategy and collaboration with international partners. Works with customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities. International travel to the region as needed.
* B.S. degree in Computer, Software, or Electrical engineering with 4 years of program management experience in the field of communication or software development; or 2 years of program management experience with an MBA: or 2-4 years of experience in capture team supporting international contracts, engineering, or proposal writing.
* Must have experience in supporting mid-size to large government projects or programs
* Understanding of payment instruments, international shipping terms and ITAR export control regulations
* Experience with Excel, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project or other scheduling tools
Preferred Additional Skills:
* 2 years of Software Defined Radio development or product management experience preferred
* PMI certification and Earned Value Management experience a plus
* Possesses entrepreneurial skills and good leadership experience interfacing with 3-4 functional teams
* Good understanding of sound business plans, investments, and financials
* International experience such as living abroad or managing international business a plus
* Self-motivated, good communication skills, and organized
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER