Bank Of New York Mellon
The BNY Mellon Technology organization places great emphasis on reducing risk and increasing resiliency, which puts a strong focus to our engineering practices, including reliability engineering and development standards. The Resilient Systems Engineering (RSE) group is charged with addressing the need to continually enhance the stability, resilience, and recoverability of the firm's critical assets and underlying infrastructure.
Uniquely, the RSE group bridges both infrastructure and application development teams, requiring deep expertise in the entire technology stack to achieve the highly resilient, scalable, and performant business services required by our clients.
The RSE group is seeking Security Developers to join our Platform Security team. We work on authentication, authorization, privileged access management, and data security for Linux and Windows systems across our data centers. Our systems secure nearly a quarter of the global economy and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies that underpin our private cloud and public clouds.
We're building our Security services to enable developer and operational efficiencies in our datacenters and public cloud. Our team uses many technologies to enable innovation for our business. It is our goal to build enterprise scale solutions that are cryptographically secure, based on open standards and industry best practices.
As a diverse platform team, we know how security is built, configured and deployed. We write services, plugins and agents. We configure, automate and run many infrastructure and platform services. We understand middleware and infrastructure and provide the tools and services to protect those layers. Additionally, our on-boarding and engagement team helps developers understand and use the security platform.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work closely with Docker, Linux and Application orchestrators.
* Research, design, and implement software components powering our security platform.
* Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
* Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems code-base.
* Work extensively with open source software. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open source project.
* Deploy and scale critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers and potentially impact millions of end users.
* Employ both Object Orientated development skills and Systems Engineering skills.
* Code services and User Interfaces in Java, Python, or C#.
* Use innovative tools and frameworks such as SpringBoot, Java, Angular, Docker, etc. on Linux and Windows.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
* Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development is required.
* Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Experience building and operating production systems.
* Demonstrable hands-on experience with Linux and Windows.
* Experience with automation / configuration management tools like Salt, Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
* Grasp of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms, and Unix systems development.
* Experience of SDLC and Agile Development tools (Jenkins / Teamcity, Maven, JIRA, Confluence).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Resilient Systems Engineering-HR17387
Requisition Number: 1908712
About Bank Of New York Mellon
BNY Mellon is an investments company which provides investment management, investment services and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon