Leidos is seeking a Senior Sonar Operations Specialist who will support development of AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 source data to be utilized for life-cycle documentation development in support of US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs. Additionally, candidate will be embedded in both the Leidos team and prime contractors team; serving as the Leidos operations point of contact. This position will report to the OEM site in Manassas, VA.
* Work closely with the Engineering Manager, SME's, and OEM Engineers to support the creation of AN/SQQ-89(V)15 US Navy and FMS technical data.
* Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
* Applicant must have technical and operational experience with AN/SQQ-89(V)15 or APB sonar system equipment.
* Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
* Applicant must have at least 8 years of technical and operational experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) sonar system equipment, with particular emphasis on A(V)15
* Must have prior experience leading a technical team
* Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
* Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
* Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
* Must have a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
* A thorough understanding of AN/SQQ-89(V)15 or APB system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
* System functional segments
* Experience with NAVSEA programs and their lifecycle support
* Travel may be required for this position
External referral eligible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.