Auto req ID: 184205BR
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team - tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo's Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
* Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
* Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
* Work with PepsiCo's strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
* Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
* Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
As a Solutions Architect, you will lead a technical team in support of PepsiCo's eCommerce growth strategy. You will work directly with business stakeholders to identify operational pain points and design scalable, automated technology solutions. In doing so, you will be responsible for expanding PepsiCo's technical capabilities and help foster a data-driven culture. You will work with an agile team of data scientists and software engineers in the construction of business-accessible data science platforms and discrete tools. As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for the development of clean, tested, scalable code using standard coding guidelines. As a team leader, you will facilitate collaboration and streamline knowledge sharing with other technical teams. Ultimately, your work will be a part of PepsiCo's larger technology strategy, driving toward a sustainable competitive advantage.
* Lead teams and act as an individual contributor in the design, development, and improvement of tools to facilitate reporting, automation, and data acquisition/analysis
* Collaborate with the larger data science team as well as other technical groups in the analysis of large data sets to uncover trends, patterns, and insights
* Design and build analytical tools leveraging data science techniques to analyze large data sets and provide business users with actionable insights
* Provide critical thought leadership to enhance organizational capabilities by utilizing data; work with business stakeholders to identify and execute on opportunities for enhancement
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Data Science, an engineering discipline or similar
* 5 years of development experience in Python, Java, C or equivalent, 3 years with a Master's
* Experience managing technical personnel in a business environment
* Proven ability to work with business stakeholders to specify technical solutions for business problems
* Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
* Experience with querying languages such as SQL, PostgresSQL, MSSQL or MySQL.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.