Senior Solutions Engineer
San Francisco, California
Are you a world class Solution Engineer? Do you love to blend your strong interpersonal and selling skills with a passion for cutting edge technology? Are you a consultant or developer that has a passion for sales, but never officially turned to the "dark side"? No problem, New Relic has a history of making technical pioneers like you into high-powered Solution Engineers.
Imagine being able to do the best work you've ever done as a Solution Engineer for a high growth, well-run technology company that is continually identified as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
If this sounds interesting, then this might be the role for you! Simply put, we are the first, best place to find engaged and professional Solution Engineers (SE's) that lead our customers in understanding, optimizing and deriving value from their digital business. Our SE's are passionate and enthusiastic about making their customers successful and never hesitate to challenge the status quo.
What You'll Do
* Work in a Sales environment that values and respects your contributions and input as a Solution Engineer
* Engage early in a deal to help set sales strategy, understand how to lead discovery, craft a solution to solve a customer's business needs, and get deep in validating how New Relic's solutions address that need in real time
* Understand a customer's IT infrastructure and software architecture
* 3+ years as a Solution Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, or Support Engineer or Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers
* Hands on experience working with programming languages including Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Python, etc.
* Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions while understanding all phases of sales cycles in multi-tenant architectures is preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent preferred
* Travel is less than 25%
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc)-all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we're a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We're consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers' means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.