Search for more jobs
Senior Solutions Engineer - External Interfaces
* Job: 19072-BHAM
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Advanced Support
The Advanced Support Group is a team of product proficient engineers with application and industry experience. You will work directly with customers using your software development expertise to solve their complex technical problems.
This position will lead the resolution of escalated technical issues relating to integrating MATLAB with other programming languages, systems and libraries. This requires in-depth knowledge of system level programming, Desktop/OS integration methods and willingness to learn the current enterprise practices.
Major engineering and scientific challenges require broad coordination to take ideas to implementation. With MATLAB, you can interface with external languages and object systems such as C/C++, Java, Python or .NET. Leverage your experience in C++ and system level programming to enable seamless integration between MATLAB and commonly used libraries!
* Lead the resolution of escalated and advanced technical issues.
* Work as a part of the product development team to facilitate source code modifications, improve our products, and debug complex issues.
* Leverage customer knowledge to influence product direction to drive product improvements with customer feedback about releases.
* Train and mentor our technical support specialists to provide efficient support to our customers.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Significant experience in desktop development environments and languages
* Knowledge of C, C++, Java, .NET, COM
* Knowledge of development tool chain for Windows
* Demonstrated ability to perform software application development tasks, computational analysis, and algorithmic design
* Excellent trouble-shooting, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Candidates must be interested in working directly with customers to understand their real engineering challenges and to help them understand how to apply our products to their problems
* Knowledge of MATLAB interfaces like MEX, MATLAB engine, or using Java from MATLAB
* Experience with Linux and/or Mac OSX
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.