What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology architecture and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on "Solution Architecture" utilizing new technologies to find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your experience to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
The Systems Planning group is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to play a critical, client-facing role that interacts with multiple application teams with the goal of creating applicable Solution Architectures in service of Verizon customers. The architect will facilitate collaboration session and ensure consistency and alignment across the various IT and business teams from both a technical and process alignment perspective. The architect will partner with other architects within the Wireless and Wireline IT teams.
This is a technical position that will require high level technical knowledge of the VZ IT Systems, both internal functional levels as well as interfacing aspects (APIs, Services). Knowledge of how the IT systems interface with Network elements, external 3rd party services and Application Service Providers (ASPs) will be essential. Web development fundamentals, Data Networking, Information Security, and System Performance engineering knowledge will need to be employed in creating High level Designs (HLDs) and providing Subject matter Expertise (SME) for ongoing/new initiatives. Collaboration with IT personnel, Agile coaches/VTFs and IT RTEs in providing guidance with IT systems functionality and helping to articulate the functional requirements, System impacts for new and ongoing projects/epics, will be required.
The ideal candidate will be highly versatile and comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical leaders.
* Leadership/Program Management: Position will lead teams made up of cross-functional members (both IT and non-IT) for technical architecture discussions and high level and Systems design aspects. Must instigate adequate collaboration with the team members to arrive at the Solution architecture/High level Design with urgency without drawing the teams into protracted discussions leading members astray. Position to mentor the junior members of the team. Driving solution development through requirements gathering/analysis/discovery, business plan creation, and solution level of effort estimation to ensure that client interests are met and potential business opportunities are established. Drive to push for on time and on budget development activity and migration of applications.
* Architecture: Responsible for Solution Architecture and creating solutions that are simple, scalable and sustainable and above all secure. Will ensure solution aligns with other Verizon units creating a transparent user experience.
* Convey ideas/stories/design in clear and concise manner using the graphical tools within the Google suite of applications and other chosen Enterprise Architecture tools.
* Strategic Planning/Vision: Define the "Current State" and contrast that to the "Future State" as well as the path/roadmap to get there.
* Problem Solving: Investigate and solve complex technical problems and data discrepancies. Develop solutions architecture that align tactical solutions (near-term) with Strategic goals/objectives (longer-term).
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Enterprise Architecture experience and knowledge with standards such as TOGAF, DoDAF, UML, Archimate, TMN.
* Process modeling experience using SIPOC, BPMN, eTOM.
* Knowledge of DB management with both relational and no-sql databases such as Oracle, UDB, Cassandra, MongoDB and Amazon Aurora.
* Knowledge with usage of EA tools such as EA Sparx, ARIS, Abacus etc.
* Knowledge with Java, .NET, C, C++ or equivalent language and Mobile technologies (i.e. iOS & Android).
* Knowledge with Kubernetes and Docker containers.
* Experience with AWS solutions (AWS Solutions Architect Certification Preferred).
* Knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.