What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Solution Architect, you'll fulfill the role of trusted technical adviser for Verizon Enterprise Services (VES) clients and act as the technical solutions lead for internal and external solution development including proposals, RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs by putting together solutions across multi-towers (Cloud, Security, Networking, UCC, Contact Center), supporting literature, diagrams, write-ups, responses, and presentations.
You may know Verizon only as the company making your smartphone work. But at Verizon Enterprise we're also the company helping 99% of the Fortune 1000 work. In particular, we are recognized by analysts and clients as a leader in global security, voice and data networks, and Software Defined Networking (SDN) and are focused on our client's success though delivering the connected world Simply, Securely, Reliably.
* Play and integral part of the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key Client technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
* Own the technical relationship with clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining Client requirements and translates these into a (Client specific) Solution Design and/or Verizon Enterprise offer.
* Lead solution definition and solution design both internal within Verizon Enterprise as well as towards the Client.
* Lead prioritization of Client solution / technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally (also towards Product Groups).
* Work with potential Client to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Enterprise solution's unique capabilities.
* Articulate the Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and solutions towards the Client; positions Verizon Enterprise as thought leader on key technological developments.
* Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
* Travel to Client sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience as a technical sales engineer in an IT infrastructure environment or relevant experience in a Client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a professional services or IT engineering team).
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Seven of more years of experience as a technical sales engineer in an IT infrastructure environment or equivalent experience in a Client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a professional services or IT engineering team).
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the SDN / IT infrastructure space.
* Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
* Strong competency in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients in the form of diagrams, slides, documents, spreadsheets.
* Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
* Domain experience with the Finance and/or Insurance industry (selling into or employee of).
* Deep technical knowledge of datacenter network architecture, SDN, and large-scale private cloud networks.
* Multiple security, architecture, and industry certifications such as (CISSP, TOGAFv9, ITIL, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CCSK, Microsoft, Amazon, etc.).
* Advanced design and experience in at least three of the following: Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN); Network Operations (WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration); Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics, Micro-segmentation); Data Center Outsourcing (application management, storage, virtualization, serverless); Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Call Recording, Chat, Cloud Delivery, toll free, Omni-channel); IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).
* Functional knowledge in leading technology network and security vendor portfolios such as Cisco, Viptela, Versa, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, and Juniper.
* Experience evaluating prospective IT infrastructure and deliver the appropriate evaluation, ROI, savings, proposed operational evolution and associated process management.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.