What you'll be doing...
Lead team of Solutions Architects to drive excellence in solutions development, solutions selling, and opportunity closure through strategic engagement with assigned customer base to maximize sales efforts.
* Identify opportunities for more effective technical support to the sales team.
* Monitor and redirect efforts and resources as appropriate to maximize sales results.
* Develop and cultivate relationships with senior management and executive levels.
* Interface directly with client personnel at all levels as required to provide consistent, high quality technical support and to develop sales/service opportunities.
* Participate in executive briefings and customer presentations.
* Conduct periodic operations reviews with SAs to maintain a focus and cadence on excellence.
* Ensure all SA's complete training against assigned curriculum roadmaps in timely manner.
* Conduct frequent, regular one on one sessions with each SA.
* Address performance concerns and ensure PDP or PIP is implemented when necessary in accordance with HR guidelines.
* Accelerate strategic service solutions bundles.
* Look for the opportunities to reduce costs and increase productivity.
* Manage budget to 100% versus plan.
* Consistently share successes and expertise across the SA community.
* Engage peer organizations to resolve customer issues.
* Provide timely market information, drivers and customer feedback to our partner organizations for product and technology positioning and enhancements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or directly related equivalent experience. MS or MBA degree preferred.
* 10+ years' experience in a variety of disciplines related to the selling of IT and managed telecommunications solutions. Disciplines to include…
* Data and IP Services
* Managed Network Services / Security Solutions
* Managed Mobility Solutions
* Cloud Services
* Data Center Outsourcing
* Unified Communications & Collaboration Services
* IT Applications Management
* 7+ or more years in a customer facing leadership role with accountability for end to end delivery (i.e. Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Service Delivery Architect... )
* 5+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and/or telecom based products and service
* 5+ or more years' experience delivering customer presentations and preparing customer-facing material such as RFP responses, proactive proposals and network/system designs.
* Versed in TOGAF and/or ITIL standards for architecture and delivery.
* Strong financial analysis experience (P&L, ROI, cost analysis, business case development, etc)
Even better if you have:
* Current and valid industry certifications in one or more of the following preferred…
* Cisco: Cisco Certified Design Associate/ Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCDA/CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional/ Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCNP/CCDP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP) or higher
* Microsoft, Tandberg, and/or Polycom
* Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies
* Successful project delivery in a Fortune 100 company
* "Big 4" consulting experience
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.