Senior Solutions Architect - IT SOC and HUB Operations
Req #: WHQ00015721-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Solutions Architect, IT SOC and HUB Ops will play a key role in assessing, designing, building, supporting and improving technical business systems that deliver best in class technology experiences for both internal stakeholders and external customers. This role will be responsible for the design of one or more applications, services or systems within the organization and must have a balanced mix of technical and business skills.
It is critical that this role establish and maintain strong relationships with technology peers and be the key interface point of contact with the Enterprise Architect team and other technology peers. This role is accountable for the strategy, evaluation and implementation of new technology which support the enterprise's application infrastructure.
* Oversee portfolio application architecture, features and 3rd party integrations
* Apply advanced knowledge and practical experience with application and system design principles, patterns, and practice to provide immediate short and long-term solutions
* Architect and work with the business and technology team to implement custom and out-of-the-box technical solutions
* Organize and lead technical design sessions and prepare technical design documentation for features planned for a release
* Focus on removing any technical debt and managing technical feasibility
* Document and maintain software functionality
* Be able to host presentations and trainings to software engineers
* Maintain process, architecture, integration related requirements and other technical documentation
* Work closely with external vendors as well as internal customers
* Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products
* Work as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and support strategic enterprise programs
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
* Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgement, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
* Provide individuals goals
* Responsible for developing and maintaining an overall sourcing plan which includes creative sourcing options and alternatives to ensure supply capacities meet work demand, role and skill set requirements and cost objectives
* Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the development team structure and software engineering team skills
* Bachelor's degree, software engineering or higher education degree
* 4+ years with enterprise architecture and be able to influence technical decisions.
* 2+ years' experience Agile Scrum
* 3+ years' experience with SOA, integrations, SOAP and REST based services
* Understanding of PaaS and Mobile platform development best practices
* Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of the immediate team.
* Excellent communication, facilitation and organizational skills.
* Proven critical/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Integrity and Trust
* Teamwork and Collaboration
* Large Enterprise Application Development Expertise
* 4+ years' experience writing code
* 3+ years as full stack software development
* Experience on multiple full release project life cycles.
* 3-5 years as technical leadership within software engineering team experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect
* Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
* C#, .NET, Java & Hybrid Cloud development frameworks
* React, Angular, GraphQL
* Proven experience architecting, designing and migrating workloads to AWS or other cloud ecosystems.
* Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Couchbase) and frameworks
* Understanding of Airline Operations, logistics and applicable technology
* Guiding Principles: Community of Respect, Delighting the Customer, Transparency, Accountability, Performance
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.