What you'll be doing...
This position is for a Senior Solution Architect in Verizon Global Technology Solutions (GTS) organization focused on Customer Systems of Insights, for Verizon Wireless & FiOS.
The position will drive the adoption of Systems of Insights to deliver personalized experiences for Verizon Consumer Group (VCG) customers including 5G, 4G and Fios. The resource will lead the design of an integrated AI/ML platform for the Verizon Consumer Group (VCG) featuring real time insights, deep customer analytics, AI Marketplace, and an ecosystem of AI practice for the entire VCG organization. Design a next generation AI/ML Technology Stack for VCG including the data, development, model runtime, and service layers. This will include making complex technology decisions, integrating multiple industry vendors and partners, demonstrating a deep understanding of data engineering & management. They will work closely with development teams to suggest and implement models.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Eight or more years of work experience in large enterprise systems for Fortune 500 Companies (Preferably Telco or Service Provider).
* Knowledge of CX and personalization engines, to assist the business in understanding what insights can be used to drive experience.
* Five or more years of experience as an Architect/Developer on Data Engineering, Large Scale Data Processing, Data Science and Machine Learning.
* Five or more years of architecture experience with Big Data applications using technologies such as Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, REST API, Hive, AWS, S3, Postgres.
* Strong awareness of emerging technologies, vendors, platforms and products in the AI/ML and Cognitive Computing space.
* Three or more years of experience with Pega Platform and designing integration with Pega Solution.
* Telecom domain knowledge.
* Knowledge of system relationships in enterprise-wide systems to lead groups of designers and architects in successful system initiatives and projects.
* Ability to drive the development of interfaces that are understood by a wide user-base and require minimal instruction for an enhanced user experience.
* Ability to create streamlined documentation procedures for use in translating multi-faceted business issues in a simple and powerful manner.
* Strong communication skills and ability to manage frequent communication with Senior Leadership.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.