Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What's the job really?
* Architect, design, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
* Work closely with project stakeholders early in the design process, providing technical guidance and input.
* Review and document existing systems. Make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
* Design and implement solutions to fit short-term needs while tracking towards long-term strategic goals.
* Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
* Prepare Solution Architecture Design (SAD) document
* Prepare System Requirement Specification (SRS) document
What you bring to the table:
* Hands-on experience with application development - Java or .NET
* Good knowledge of applicable data privacy and security practices
* Experience with AWS Sevices (EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, etc)
* Experience with any one NLP technologies such as Google's SyntaxNet, Apache OpenNLP, NLTK, Stanford NLP
* Experience with indexing and building applications using Elasticsearch
* Technical knowledge of cloud architecture and its components for transactional applications
What we offer:
* A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
* Core values-based leadership.
* A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
* Competitive salary and stock options.
* Complimentary access to a fitness center.
* Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
* Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
* Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
* Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Zipwhip operates a carrier-grade texting platform that provides landline and toll free texting services.