MetroStar Systems is looking for a Solutions Architect that likes to lead and contribute with stakeholders to align teams toward a shared technical direction toward the customer's vision. If you want to join a company that understands our customers' business and technical needs to best design solutions and you are fearless about pushing the boundaries, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You're a great fit if…
* You enjoy all apects of the applications across all layers and outline sequence diagrams, specifications and design artifacts
* You have experience building out capability and solutions using Big Data platforms for complex problems
* You're passionate about making recommendations with and keeping up with the latest tools and solutions
You'll love our position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
* You have 1+ year experience in Elasticsearch and designing data index for search capabilities
* You have a solid understanding of Java Web Services RESTful (primary), WSDL, XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls (JDBC preferred)
* You have experience in Linux and bash or shell scripting
* You consistently demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical and problem solving abilities
* You have a Bachelor's Degree and can obtain a Public Trust
We'll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
* 5+ years' experience in solution design, development, and integration on ElasticSearch products, application programming interfaces (APIs), and architecture.
* You have experience with data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling focus on fast searches and analytics at scale.
* You have experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, developers, and users to comprehend data requirements and design a robust data processing pipeline, implementing ETL processes, and developing data and metadata service components
* You have experience with relational database management systems (Oracle preferred)
What your day will look like:
* You will support solution development by providing, communicating and evolving the broader technology and architectural view of the solution.
* Develop and maintain technical documentation. Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives.
* Defining subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
The Admin Stuff:
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information.
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.