Dupont Fabros Technology
Digital Realty is looking for an entrepreneurial, outcome-driven colleague to help support our sales team in developing and closing sales by providing public/private/hybrid cloud expertise as well as deep networking and infrastructure design acumen. The Solutions Architect will be a key member of the Global Sales and Sales Engineering Teams, educating customers of all sizes on Digital Realty's value proposition and participating in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment and maximum total cost of ownership.
The Sr. Solutions Architect will be knowledgeable in all of Digital Realty' product lines and the global data center, hosting and networking landscape. He/She should also have a strong background in cloud services environments, with the ability to guide architectural solutions for private/public/hybrid and complex network deployments with a keen ability to translate customer requirements and business outcomes into Digital Realty technical solutions. Additionally, the Solutions Architect will be a critical part of our global ecosystem development team to foster rich interconnection and service exchange within Digital Realty's global connected campuses.
The primary role of the Sr. Solutions Architect will be to act as a technical advisor for Digital Realty' customers and the Digital Realty' sales teams to architect creative and complex IT/cloud/networking and service delivery solutions for our customers and partners. The role requires a broad range of knowledge and experience at the application layer to optimize performance over flexible and high performing infrastructure and tailored data center services. The Solutions Architect should be able to articulate solution benefits to both technical & non-technical audiences, as well as provide leadership and mentoring to the sales team and other internal / external thought leaders.
* Substantial telecommunications experience required; technical and commercial knowledge of Internet, MPLS and IPVPN topologies and architectures required
* Proficient in router and switch features and configuration, fault tolerant designs, and QOS mapping
* Experience with routing and switching protocols; SDN/NFV, performance measurement, tuning and scaling, and reliability and security techniques
* Experience with Network Peering, Internet Exchanges and CDNs
* Data center networking technologies and architectures (Leaf-Spine architectures, Data Center Interconnect technologies)
* Public, Private and Hybrid cloud services and deployment methodology
* Experience with cloud orchestration and automation using tools such as OpenStack, vRealize, etc.
* Private connectivity services and egress cost modeling
* Must have a thorough understanding of, and experience with servers, storage, layer 3 networking and enterprise software. Solid understanding of the entire OSI stack is a must
* Experience with data center virtualization, software defined data centers and hyper-converged infrastructure solutions
* Software and Database system development
* Storage Platform technologies (SAN/NAS) including Hardware and Software (EMC/NetApp/Sun/IBM/HP/VMware/Citrix/Brocade/Juniper)
* Must have a thorough understanding of the implication of common IT product on system designs: servers, storage, layer 3 networking, and enterprise software
Solution Selling and Technical Consultation
* Strong ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements
* Quickly and accurately assess current operations, identify opportunities for architectural changes to drive additional business benefit
* Ability to extract unrealized customer requirements, and service benefits, gaining consensus with data driven positioning
* Cost estimation, with a focus of helping customers understand return on investment as well as total cost of ownership advantages of solutions proposed
* Assess performance and service level agreements against business needs and expected results. Build evidence and models to demonstrate expected (desired) results
* Able to facilitate workshop style sessions with customers to extract important areas of customers current architecture. Can keenly couple key insights to present highly technical concepts and solutions specifics to audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner
* Coach and provide technical leadership to others on network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies and project management methodologies
* Professional sales consultation of customer technical requirements to develop viable solutions, resulting in bookings
This position supports all of Digital Realty North American platform (US & CAN) and therefore may require approximately 30% travel. The Solutions Architect may also be required to travel to other markets or other locations where customer IT / engineering groups are located to conduct and lead on-site meetings that are presented to customers.
* 5+ years of technical experience - Hosting/Cloud companies, Cloud/Networking/IT consulting. Client facing operations or technical sales position preferred
* 2+ years of solutions selling and technical support experience in the high-tech industry preferably in the network, cloud and/or data center markets
* Effective Solutions Sales Capabilities: Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications including proposal development, delivery, and RFP responses A combination of education and experience is acceptable
* Proven technical support for sales and marketing initiatives through participation in proposals, marketing studies, speaking engagements, blogs and other technical writing
* Detailed knowledge and sizing experience of networking technologies as well experience with storage architectures associated to private/public and hybrid cloud environments
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
* Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and orchestration software is highly desirable
* Advanced industry certifcations (AWS, Microsoft, Google, VMare, Cisco, Juniper, etc)
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
About Dupont Fabros Technology
DuPont Fabros Technology is an owner, developer, operator, and manager of enterprise-class, carrier-neutral, large multi-tenant wholesale data centers.