Job ID R84443 Date posted Dec. 20, 2018
Are you a creative and outgoing technology consultant with a delivery or sales support background? Do you have a passion for cutting edge cloud technologies and driving the scoping, architecture and delivery of multi-plex cloud technology solutions to business needs? Are you motivated by ensuring your customer gains the most utility from their technology investments, in particular in the area of cloud applications and platforms, PaaS and/or CaaS? Are you a dynamic speaker, presenter, or storyteller? If you find yourself answering "YES!" to these questions, Dell EMC Consulting has a great opportunity for you!
As part of the Americas Digital Transformation Consulting practice, the Cloud Apps Senior Solution Architect will work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with like-minded delivery team members and strategically aligned business partners to deliver innovative cloud-based solutions (both on-prem, hybrid solutions as well as in the public cloud). These cloud native and application-centric solutions will be delivered in coordination with DevOps best practices and principles. Specifically, the Cloud Apps Senior Solution Architect will assist in leading the customer in their digital transformation journey by leveraging our Cloud Apps and DevOps portfolio of services to deliver outcomes based, cloud-centric solutions in the Americas Theater for some or all of the following solution areas:
* Cloud Applications and Platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Kubernetes
* Application Transformation & Modernization
* DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
Our customer base in the Americas Theater includes some of the largest financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, high technology, and service businesses in the world. Success requires a dynamic, hard-working, professionally mature, and technology savvy individual who has demonstrated an ability to lead based on experience, knowledge, passion and competence.
Roles and Responsibilities
Dell EMC Consulting is hiring Cloud Apps Senior Solution Architects to lead, develop and coach teams (customers and partners alike) in designing and delivering cloud-based technology solutions. In this role, you will lead teams by example and ensure all design and development incorporates DevOps best practices. We believe in delivering solutions 'with the customer'. Not 'for the customer.' It is critical that this role maintain empathy and focus on coaching and mentoring the customer through their transformation.
The Cloud Apps Senior Solution Architect will work with cross functional teams to:
* Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
* Enable customers in migrating their existing applications to both PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) and CaaS (Container-as-a-Service) solutions
* Architect and build new cloud native applications designed for today's modern cloud platforms
* Discover, understand and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications
* Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people in the application of modern design, delivery and release techniques such as agile, TDD and CI/CD
* Advise customers on evaluating, preparing and modernizing applications for modern cloud environments
* Become an agent of change within customer organizations
Education, Experience & Preferred / Desired Skills
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience.
* 10 years of relevant Consulting delivery experience or sales support, plus significant SME-level depth in at least one of the following areas (ideally more than one, or will have strong understanding of others if not SME-level depth):
* Containers and Cloud Platforms / PaaS / Kubernetes
* Cloud Application Architectures and Patterns
* Application Re-platforming and Modernization Techniques (Gartner's 6Rs)
* Process Re-Engineering and Value Stream Maps
* Enterprise DevOps Principles (ex. - "The DevOps Handbook", DORA, CALMS, etc.)
* A high degree of learning agility; passionate about learning and mastering new concepts quickly and independently; great research skills.
* You're passionate about the craft of software engineering
* You're still hands-on with the technology
* You can be a driver or a navigator, and know when to be each
* You are a proven team leader and work well within and across teams to deliver high-quality software
* You have a background in software design patterns
* You are a LINUX, LAMP…and .NET aficionado who knows what system administrators, QA and developers need to be able to do to get their jobs done. But you're not religious about stacks
* You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Ruby, Python, Go, Node, Angular, etc.)
* You have experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot
* You have solid experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
* You are no stranger to distributed systems, messaging, microservices and cloud-based architectures
* You love working in cloud APIs, i.e. AWS, Azure, vSphere/vCloud, OpenStack
* You understand how great software is designed, built, delivered, and maintained, and care passionately about delivering an excellent user experience
* You have a solid understanding of, with implementation experience in, building Twelve-Factor applications and using Domain Driven Design
* You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
* You are a great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
* You can articulate and debate software architectural decisions and the resulting tradeoffs across cost, performance, reliability, and other factors.
* You use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
* You believe that the only way to go fast is to go smart and regularly consider performance and portability issues, can recognize when refactoring is necessary, and generally care about the details of the craft
* You are familiar with Distributed and Centralized Version Control, issue trackers, mailing lists, IRC and the other common tools among open-source users and developers
* You get CD and know the difference from CI
* You can have contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a distributed group or team
* Experience with Service-oriented architectures (Java or .NET)
* Experience with Jenkins/Hudson or other CI tools
* Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
* Experience deploying into and integrating with leading PaaS platforms like Cloud Foundry and OpenShift
* Experience designing for and deploying into container-based solutions like Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience working with version control/repos, i.e. Git, Subversion, Artifactory or Nexus
* Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based architectures
* Experience with test driven development, testing tools and frameworks like Junit
* Experience working in a professional services or other client facing role preferred
* Experience and academic interest in distributed systems, distributed algorithms, fundamental problems in distributed computing
* Strong debugging skills - especially in context of distributed architectures
* Understanding of networking, including the structure and function of the TCP/IP stack and how to debug networking problems
* Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
* Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or other configuration management tools
* Experience with scripting languages like Powershell, and Bash
* Operational experience with: RabbitMQ, Erlang, Redis
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Apply now Apply now