Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a highly-experienced Oracle Solaris and Linux Administrator with a background in supporting Oracle WebLogic Server. Success criteria for the candidate requires them to be highly motivated, dedicated, detail oriented, and responsible for planning, configuring, testing, deploying, troubleshooting, and managing our Oracle Solaris and Linux environments. Applicants must be accomplished, have a proven track record, and have a solid grasp of security principles, general networking principles and storage.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. It is the common purpose of all NeoGenomics employees to save lives by improving patient CARE through Communication, Accuracy, Reliability, and Efficiency. Our staff physicians, scientists, laboratory professionals, client services representatives, and sales people team up with our clients. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient's disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
* Support ALL instances (DEV, QA, UAT, Staging, and Production) of our BioPharma Laboratory Information Management System(s) (LIMS) Technology Stack.
* Be an integral part of the IT Infrastructure Team, and take direction other IT business units, including but not limited to Data Services and Development Teams.
* Support our BioPharma business users, partners, and vendors to ensure utmost uptime (24X7X365) and the integrity our LIMS system(s).
* Administer and maintain optimal performance of our Oracle and UNIX environments, including but not limited to the installation, deployment, patching, cloning, and backup, system administration and upgrades.
* Actively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures
* Dedicatedly monitor the health and integrity of the Oracle/Sun Technology stack to ensure optimally tuned and within normal operating ranges. Take enthusiastic measures to mitigate out or range threshold.
* Work closely with ALL functional IT areas to design and implement operational requirements for new and existing IT systems
* Provide hardware and software Lifecycle Management for the LIMS systems, and assist with hardware/software purchases.
* Enthusiastic Infrastructure support and Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets
* Provide critical thinking to complex problems in a 24/7, mission critical environment
* Ability to follow and enhance existing IT policies and procedures
* Own problem remediation including analysis, recommendation, and implementation
* Document findings, create standard procedures and update knowledge base
* Participate in setting and modifying network standards
* Interact with other teams for a variety of company initiatives
* Identify and evaluate new tools
* Provide and plan system outage notifications to all entities of the business.
* Responsible for maintaining operational standard methodology for system/application upgrades and rollouts to include researching, validating, implementing, and documenting system changes.
* Be an active member and Participate in the Change Control Process to ensure we are communicating and planning all production changes through the CCB.
* Recommends process improvements initiatives as it relates to IT.
* Contribute and be active participant in achieving - Departmental goals, SLA attainment, and Corporate TAT (Turn-around time).
* Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
* Responsible for performing daily, weekly, monthly operational duties as defined by management.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or technical related field is preferred.
* 3+ years demonstrated 'nix system administration experience
* Oracle Experience Required:
* Previously held Oracle Unix and or Linux System Administrator position
* Moderate knowledge of WebLogic Server
* Moderate knowledge Oracle Ops Center Knowledge
* Experience deploying CDOMs and LDOMs along with install, configure, and maintain Solaris Zones
* Moderate knowledge of Bash, Perl, Shell scripting desired.
* Experience handling file system issues/request on Linux and Solaris
* Experience handling NFS issues, knowledge of differences between multiple version in NFS versions
* Medical Laboratory experience a plus.
* Must have experience in 24/7 environments
* Fundamental understanding of the layers OSI model (Layers 1-7), and a solid foundation with regard to network, compute, and storage technology stack.
* Additional skills/background:
* Desired experience with virtualization technologies
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow up skills
* Ability to work independently and as a great teammate
* Be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
* Ability to handle stressful situations and demonstrate a potential for strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to work in a biohazard environment and align with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
* Available for on-call rotation for afterhours and weekend support.
* Must have strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
* Demonstrable skills in problem solving and decision-making
* Travel will be required to our remote offices.