As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Test Engineer, a highly motivated individual contributor based in Austin with a deep passion for test engineering and test automation, will be part of the Global Partner Portal and Visa Online Development Team that reports into Digital Developer Platform. The role is primarily responsible for all test engineering as well as working with development engineers to enhance and increase test automation capabilities for delivering high quality code releases. The role is also responsible working with the horizontal Test Engineering Team to incorporate best test engineering practices, should possess a passion for high quality software, test automation and level-up on existing expertise.
* Plan, write, and execute test cases for test activities (Functional, System Integration, Regression and User Acceptance) within the end-to-end development life-cycle as part of the certification phases.
* Design and develop automated test suites to increase coverage of test automation.
* Manage test (QA) environments across all phases starting from provisioning, build, deployment and to maintenance.
* Collaborate closely with development engineers on design reviews to corroborate design, requirements and delivery schedules.
* Collaborate closely with development engineers on code reviews to resolve bugs, flaws and issues.
* Report and track all bugs to closure in a systematic manner.
* Deliver all assigned responsibilities in a timely manner and with a high level of quality.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines.
* At least 3 to 6 years of working experience in the IT industry with advanced hands-on knowledge on functional and non-functional testing, as well as automated and manual testing.
* Ability to document high quality functional and non-functional test plans and test cases.
* Good articulation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
* Good time management, organization and planning skills are essential.
* Possesses a passion for solving problems and debugging code.
* Ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
* Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results with ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
Technical Preferred Qualifications
* Excellent hands-on experience with Selenium, Rest Assured and TestNG is highly desirable, with knowledge on Cucumber, JUnit and NUnit being advantageous.
* Excellent hands-on development experience with Java, while knowledge on .NET being highly advantageous.
* Good hands-on experience with CI/CD tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven and Artifactory.
* Good knowledge of SOAP and RESTful APIs, with hands-on experience on Postman and Soap UI tools.
* Good knowledge of debugging and troubleshooting on both Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
* Good understanding of both relational and non-relational databases, including SQL, Oracle, MongoDB and Redis.
* Good understanding on object-oriented fundamentals and test methodologies is highly advantageous.
* Good experience with writing test plans and test cases for large-scale applications with multiple interdependencies.
* Good experience working with Agile and Test Driven Development.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.