Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Software Test Engineer is part of the Clearing and Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Senior Software Test Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing and Settlement (CAS) system, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform and work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
* Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
* Participate in Test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
* Build test automation framework to support CAS System
* Build test tools to improve quality and performance
* Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
* Provide estimates on scope and scale of effort required to test changes
* Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to project team
* Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
* Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
* Report project status and issues to project managers and management
* Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues
* Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
* 3+ years software development and test experience
* Experience in SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative/Incremental)
* 1 - 2 years' comprehensive experience in
* MVS JCL
* File Aid
* SQL, DB2
* Experience with automation tools, tool development using ISPF, CLIST and REXX
* Passion for high quality software engineering
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.