Req ID: 46332
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre Red Workspace is the main Point of Sale application that provides agents with access to Sabre GDS and other tools.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Develops, codes, tests and debugs new non-complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity. Has good understanding of business application. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Resolves customer complaints with software performance and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in software application deployments, System Ownership and system administration.
"Must have" skills:
* Should be familiar with unix/Linux operating systems/ Administration/ application server deployments/networking and virtualization.
* Unix scripting knowledge is essential. Good knowledge of systems engineering tools.
* Deep knowledge of Java software development platforms. Familiarity with apache web servers and tomcat application server configurations.
* Good DevOps experience.
* Clear understanding of various delivery pipeline approaches.
* Use of Ansible, Puppet, or Chef server configuration management.
* Experience with AWS and Infrastructure as Code is a plus.
* Experience with Jenkins/ teamcity or other CICD tools
* Experience with branching strategies (GIT, SVN)
* Familiarity with PCI and security scans and responsible own and drive these upgrades.
* Familiarity with F5 load balancers, GTM/LTM, WIPs and server configuration pools.
* Should be familiar with the concepts of Hardware/Network/Software Virtualization concepts
* Basic networking concepts.
* Good Operating System Fundamental Knowledge affecting application performance (in terms of size of the page file, size of RAM or number of processor, Limitation of NIC card etc).
* Good written and verbal communication skills in English
* Should be a team player with passion to learn.
"Nice to have" skills:
* Knowledge of Eclipse RCP, OSGi, SWT is a plus
* Knowledge of web technologies and application servers( Apache, Tomcat)
* Experience with Agile - Scrum framework
About Sabre Corporation
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.