Senior Software Systems Engineer II
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Advanced Systems &Technologies division is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
As Senior Software Systems Engineer II, you will hold responsibility for software and programmable logic system architecture. In this role, you will lead a software systems engineering team in development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical products and systems. Using your previous defense industry experience, model-based system engineering, and Micro Services Architecture experience, you will support program needs by collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Software/PL requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
* System design synthesis of simple systems
* Define processing architecture to include FPGA and GPU based processing
* Lead verification of software/PL requirements
* Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
* Develop, track and present technical metrics during internal and external program meetings
* Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
* Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Developing processes and standards for software/PL architectures
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be U.S. Citizen with existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update and the ability to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required by program needs
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science; Master's degree desired
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience, preferably in complex system development
* Design, development and/or testing of radar or sensor processing and experience with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
* Previous experience in requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
* Proficiency with Matlab and C, C , Python, VHDL or Verilog
* Software architecture, design, development and test experience is required
* Inside knowledge of FPGA capabilities, limitations, and applications
* Continuous integration, defense industry experience, and working knowledge of military standards are all required
* Exposure to programmable logic design flow, including pinout definitions, code generation and timing closure
* Familiarity with DOORs and Radar processing modes are both highly desired
* Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and ability to travel up to 10%
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.