Senior Software Reverse Engineer
Req #: 207577
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking a Senior Software Reverse Engineer to pursue a career supporting CACI's growing Intelligence Services market. Supported by our newly developed job framework, CACI provides clearly defined career paths for employees to grow and progress within our company.
Specific duties include:
* Confine, analyze, reverse-engineer, and alter malicious and non-malicious programs and applications.
* Draft and deliver technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the assessed software and applications suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Perform within the boot process kernel and system internals using tools like IDA Pro, debuggers and in-target probes to research the behavior of binaries.
* Research software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities.
* Provide in-depth analysis (dynamic/static) on malicious software (i.e., bots, worms, Trojans) resident on Microsoft® Windows™ and Linux based platforms to provide actionable intelligence.
* Research, disassemble, and reverse engineer software binaries.
* Layout prototype, document, validate and transition code analysis methods and tools appropriate for operational use
* Describe, brief and accurately capture in writing the impacts
* Research and report on the origination of malware and other software found on media of interest
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least ten (10) years of related experience. Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
* Expert background in reverse engineering and network security tools including IDA Pro, GDB, WinDdg, YARA, Windows Sysinternals, Kali Linux, and/or Wireshark.
* Advanced programming knowledge/background with either Windows Kernel, C, C++, Python, and/or Assembly Language and the ability to work in a team environment using modern version control systems.
* Expert level background in software development and scripting.
* Expert level background conducting intelligence analysis and writing finished intelligence reporting.
* Background demonstrating a thorough understanding of compiler specifics, operating system concepts, security models, and the causes of most vulnerabilities and how to exploit them. Preferably, experience coding and disassembling software on both Windows and Linux or other BSD or Unix variants.
* Expert background and understanding of the types and techniques of cyber exploitation and attack including virus, worm, Trojan horse, logic bomb, and sniffer to identify, quantify, prioritize, and report vulnerabilities in various architectures, networks, communications, applications, and systems.
* Background building defense mechanisms to detect and deflect Cyber-attacks on networks and communications systems and structures; and designing and evaluating applications that are secure from known and potential methods of Cyber-attack.
* Background synchronizing systems implementation activities with key personnel to ensure the successful transition from development to implementation and operation.
* Background in virtualization, driver programming, and debugging.
* Background in ethical hacking and/or testing software vulnerabilities.
* Expert background in diagnosing and debugging software systems.
Experience with computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy.
* Possesses active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph.
* Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
* Experience with computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.