Sr. Software Release Manager with a strong business and technical focus to lead the release management cycle for a fast paced, new service developed by Amazon Web Services' (AWS) Events Technology Team. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing team with high visibility both with customers and internal executives.
As a Release Manager, you find clear paths through roadblocks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. In this role, you will own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases. You will have an ability to take large, complex programs and break them down into manageable pieces for the engineering team to deliver in a successful and timely manner. Reliability, extraordinary judgment and negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical thinking and leadership are essential to success in this role.
A successful candidate will have in-depth experience in software release management, project management, software development, and effectively communicating and partnering with engineering teams. The candidate has high standards for themselves and their colleagues and constantly looks around corners to prevent short-sighted decisions. They find creative solutions to challenging problems, and easily navigate ambiguity while defining a path forward. An excellent verbal and written communicator, they influence and motivate others to get the right things done and to deliver results.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Lead planning, execution and delivery of software releases across multiple teams, i.e. break down complex business requirements into manageable projects, interface with multiple teams, and deliver in a successful, agile, and timely manner
* Report weekly release progress and conduct release readiness reviews and business go/no-go reviews
* Continually make improvements in the release process
* Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
* Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefits
* Work with engineering team to assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of software
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.