What you'll be doing...
As a Configuration & Release Engineer, you'll be working within our Professional Services Contact Center Services team and perform software configuration & release management of enterprise-wide Contact Center solutions for customers from many verticals. The Professional Services team implements and maintains both Verizon hosted and CPE solutions which contribute millions in Verizon revenue. The custom IVR and voice solutions are critical to our customers, so our focus is to consult with both quality and a sense of urgency in mind. The work is sometimes done from a Verizon office, remotely, and (at times) from a customer location. In this role you will work on brand new custom solutions, as well as the new features and tuning existing solutions.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Management of releases into the controlled test environments.
* Maintain all Configuration Items (CI) data for various test environments.
* Implementation of software releases in various test environments & production environment.
* Technical Support of the test (Functional / Non-Functional) environments.
* Create software builds using ant scripts.
* Support production deployments after business hours.
* Testing of contact center solutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of experience in software configuration & release management.
* Experience in setting up new instance of Tomcat server, and manage the configuration.
* Experience in build & deployment of tomcat applications.
* Experience in Java,.Net,Ant scripts, SQL Scripts, PL/SQL, and windows batch scripts.
* Experience in Source code version control systems, must have used SVN, Tortoise.
* Experience in IVR / VXML, Genesys platforms.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years of experience in software configuration & release management.
* Knowledge of ActiveMQ.
* Knowledge of Oracle Database Administration.
* Experience in writing test plans, test designs.
* Willingness to work after business hours and on weekends as needed.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.