Cloud Server Infrastructure CSI is looking for a Senior SW Program Manager to be a part the fast pace and exciting business of Azure. This is your chance to be part of the most exciting end to end teams within Microsoft. Up for the challenge?
Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
This ideal candidate should have the following skills and experiences:
* 2+ years of experience as a technical SW Program Manager or in a technical role with systems experience
* 3+ years of experience as a SW Development Engineer (SDE) or SW Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
* Knowledge of building low-level SW to run on HW e.g. Firmware, BIOS, EC, … etc.
* Experience in management of complex cross-group, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options, and drive issues to closure with a high bar on quality
* Technical savvy. Know how to solve the hard problems, and demonstrate ability to work independently
* Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems.
* Exceptional organization and project management skills, e.g. experience with agile project management methodology, TFS, JIRA or similar
* BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/EE or equivalent experience
* Project experience working across hardware and low-level (driver, firmware, kernel mode) software teams
Hands on experience on designing or implementing test automation system
* Data center project experience from inception to go live
* Experience with phone and/or desktop app development life-cycle
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior SW Program Manager with a track record in SW development to come help us define, develop, and light up innovative hardware solutions that powers Azure. Specifically, we are focused on building first-party HW/SW solutions that showcases why Azure is the preeminent cloud service! This role will be focusing on developing the SW that lights up our HW Products. This not only includes feature specification and development but also includes how we can instrument to get data on how our HW products are performing in production.
In addition, you will be responsible for creating the SW/HW workflow infrastructure, delivering on infrastructure releases, and reporting status to the leadership team on the health of development. Quality is paramount and you must possess the acumen on developing SW that is not only is reliable but can be serviceable. It is an EXCITING time in our group, and you will be part of our start-up family that develops and ships the next big thing.
You must have a strong desire, passion, and ability to understand customer needs and a willingness to develop holistic approaches to product solutions that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. You should also have an understanding of hardware, telemetry, algorithms, SW quality, and an unyielding passion for creating products that customer's fall in love with.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.