Search for more jobs
Senior Software Program Manager
* Job: 20124-BWAL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
As a Senior Software Program Manager in the Control Design Automation area, you will be part of a highly skilled, dedicated team focused on delivering challenging, high value programs. You will join a growing team that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
The Senior Software Program Manager is a member of the software development management team and supports the planning and execution of multiple projects or programs. Responsibilities include:
* Partnering with extended software development teams to help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
* Performing program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
* Continuously assessing and improving the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Experience in delivering commercial software products
* Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
* Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
* Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
* Expertise in process improvement and change management
* Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
* Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink Products
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.