AT&T's Media & Entertainment group provides an incredible video entertainment experience to millions of subscribers. The technology we develop is accessed across a wide range of devices, bringing hundreds of live channels and tens of thousands of video on demand titles to TVs, tablets and smartphones worldwide. We deliver this near flawless experience thanks to a team of expert developers who build amazing software on a massive scale, with infrastructure that powers everything from content acquisition, encryption, encoding to streaming, search, and much more! Our teams are the masterminds behind AT&T's products like NFL Sunday Ticket and DIRECTV NOW.
Leave a mark
Work for a Fortune 10 company on one of the most exciting video streaming service products in the world.
Play a big part in the success of AT&T while helping transform the tech scene in Los Angeles.
Grow and be part of something big
In the role of Sr Software Engineer II, using software development best practices (Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), CI/CD, TDD) you'll create incredible software at a massive scale using cloud-based technologies. As a developer for AT&T, you'll create life-changing innovations impacting millions of customers, using the latest microservices frameworks and technologies, collaborating with a passionate team of talented individuals.
We are a community that supports personal growth, learning and continuous improvement through external tuition reimbursement, AT&T's own University, Lunch & Learns and team organized hack-a-thons. Our teams are actively involved in most major conferences and tech meetups in Los Angeles. We're also a gold member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF); an open source software foundation dedicated to making cloud native computing universal and sustainable. As part of a small scrum team, you will personally make impactful decisions on how we will build our products!
What to expect
Our subscribership is growing and we are looking for performance-minded engineers, who are passionate about identifying and solving performance problems at scale. The ideal candidate is comfortable diving into complex systems, working with large set of data, identifying optimizations, and working with different teams to develop solutions. You'll be on a highly collaborative DevOps team that architects, designs, builds, deploys, tests and supports all aspects of the services we provide to millions of customers worldwide. As a global organization, you'll be part of a development team and collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones!
We work with high performant microservices across a range of frameworks and technologies: Spring Boot, Node.js, Go - all interconnected via REST, Kafka, NATS and gRPC. In our org, we are moving away from narrowly defined roles to allow everyone to work on all aspects of their product and to try out new things.
We're a leader in diversity with a commitment to fostering an inclusive culture. We strive to be a great place to work and we embrace our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact on the planet and are committed to helping our customers use our technology for social good.
What you bring to the team
Strong technology foundation, unrelenting sense of pride in your work and excellent troubleshooting skills
End to end ownership mindset and a passion for learning and teaching
Proactive, problem-solving abilities with a deep desire to improve, innovate, challenge and change
Fantastic interpersonal skills and motivation to work with large teams to develop and promote best practices in building high-performance software
* Experience with client-server architectures, large-scale distributed systems, high performance computing and performance trade-offs
* 5+ years of experience with Spring Boot and Node.js; experience with Go is a bonus
* Expertise in performance optimization across multiple layers: network, service communication protocols, runtimes (JVM, NVM, Go), database access, etc. to provide a fault-tolerant, distributed, large-scale system
* Skilled at analyzing performance data and usage patterns to determine resiliency risks, performance enhancement opportunities, plan capacity needs, and build tools for consistent evaluation
* Excellent knowledge of microservices, NoSQL database, caching technologies and design, CI/CD and synchronous communication mechanisms like REST and event-based designs with Kafka
* Solid understanding of AWS environment, services, and management, container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, monitoring tools like Grafana and New Relic
* BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Job ID 1932618 Date posted 07/10/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.