Microsoft has been a leading company in computing for decades. We are a global operation, relied on by governments, utilities, schools, and co-operatives to deliver the things they need to work, every day.
The Observability Platform SRE team is looking for engineers who are passionate and skilled in making systems observable as well as delivering the platforms that enable observability in the cloud. This is high scale work and core to the efficient and reliable realization of our cloud strategy and empowering our cloud users.
To make this work for our customers, we need continual effort to make that delivery reliable. In order to drive reliability, we need you -- someone who already is, or is interested in becoming, a Site Reliability Engineer (also known as SRE).
SREs are people who take engineering-based approaches to solve operations problems: we like infrastructure, we like seeing how big complicated things work, and most importantly, we gain great satisfaction from making it better. We have backgrounds in lots of things -- of course, Computer Science, System Administration, Networking, Mathematics, and Engineering generally, but you can also find folks who've worked in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, and even English.
* Bachelors in Computer Science / Engineering or 5+ years of experience in software development.
* 3+ years of software development: automation-related experience
* 3+ years of experience using scripting languages such as bash, python, and PowerShell, or compiled languages such as C, C# and Go are most relevant but others are acceptable.
* Awareness of, and ability to reason about, modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes generally, microservices, and so on.
* Associated troubleshooting skills, including the ability to follow RPC call-chains across arbitrary network steps. Consequent understanding of monitoring in distributed systems.
* Deep understanding of operating system level concepts such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack; understanding of how applications are affected by the above, and ability to debug same.
* Experience with working in a team, including coordinating large projects, communicating well, and exercising initiative when presented with problems.
* Practical experience running large scale online systems is always a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#PIEjobs #MicrosoftSREJobs #azuresrejobs
The scale of our operations is enormous. Microsoft's products and services are overwhelmingly consumed online, and billions of people use them every day. We need people who enjoy analyzing complicated problems, coming up with creative solutions, working in focused teams to build things no-one has thought of before, all in the service of production reliability.
We would like to talk to you if you:
* Are interested in distributed systems and working with high scale services.
* Are motivated to turn the opaque transparent.
* Enjoy new technological challenges and solving hard problems.
* Believe that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
* Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.