Microsoft Teams is the hub for teamwork in Office 365 that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective. It is core to Microsoft's modern work, modern life & modern education value prop.
The Microsoft Teams Calling & Meetings group is focused on intelligent, real-time connected/collaboration experiences. This is also the group which will work with partner teams on device (Surface, Rigel, HoloLens) efforts which could involve Teams.
* 2+ years of implementing code level patterns that allow large codebases & teams to scale.
* 2+ years of mentoring junior individual contributors, and operating in a tech lead or people management capacity on large projects.
* Experience driving efforts across product groups and business units.
* Exposure to networking and telephony protocols such as HTTPS, TCP/IP stack, SIP, ICE, RTP, RTCP.
* Experience developing and maintaining large scale distributed systems on Azure or AWS
* Demonstrated passion for building great end-user experiences
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader- someone who brings deep technical/problem solving chops, customer empathy & a passion for getting things done. Someone who cares about building a world class team that can span technical/component boundaries to deliver breakthrough user value. You can figure out any new technology and can build from the ground up OR leverage the work of others- do what needs to be done- to land a fantastic product and exceed customer/market expectations. Ideal candidate should have experience building and delivering web or mobile applications, solving hard problems in services, machine learning or real-time communications space. Familiarity with Angular/React/HTTPS/SIP/Exchange/Azure all huge pluses.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.