GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a back-end Senior Engineer to join our distributed machine learning and experimentation team. We currently have team members in Kirkland WA, San Francisco and Sunnyvale, CA, and Boston, MA. The team is building technology that powers other GoDaddy products and provides our customers with the most relevant information to help them grow their businesses.
If you have the passion, enthusiasm, and ability to use machine learning and experimentation to help customers on the way to making their small businesses great, we would like to talk to you!
GoDaddy's (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures. With over 18.5 million customers worldwide and more than 77 million domain names under management, and a host of products and services, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build an engaging online presence, attract customers and operate their business.
We are looking for a Senior back-end engineer be a part of our team working on technology to help GoDaddy improve our customers' businesses. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision. We leverage experimentation to make data-driven decisions about how to best help our customers. By combining personalization, machine learning, and cutting edge software systems we are building services which help other GoDaddy teams provide the best experience for our customers.
We care about hiring great engineers rather than a specific language skill set, but many people want to know what tech we're using right now. The development stack spans API services (Python and Node.js) & devops (Kubernetes and Docker) along with current back-end technologies including scikit-learn, deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, and cloud computing platforms like AWS. What is more important than anything specifically on the list is your willingness to grow, learn, and adapt as our technology choices progress. A history of demonstrated adaptability will be to your advantage. Many of the decisions for new projects will be directly driven by you, and you will own your code from inception through production.
As true participants in Open Source we also contribute code and our learnings (good and bad) back to the Open Source community. Check out some of the posts and projects we have contributed:
* Kubernetes external secrets.Github.
* Improving support for Node.js-based Kubernetes infrastructure withTerminusand a "fluent" Node.jsAPI client.
* Optimizing our Jenkins-based CICD pipeline using theBuild Monitoringplugin we wrote.
* Sharing lessons about testing1,2, and3.
* Unshackling ourselves from the JIRA web workflow withjiractl.
* Connecting an On-Premises Data Center to AWS withHA Software VPN Tunnels
* All aboutInterfaces and Metaclasses in Python.
Our team is a welcoming place for all people. Some things that make us special:
* Great place to re-enter the working world after time away.
* Comfortable open office space, but we provide everything you need to work remote as necessary.
* Highly collaborative team dedicated to the success of the team as a whole.
* Sensitive and respectful working environment.
* We value diversity on our teams and can prove it.
* Dedicated, comfortable mother's rooms.
* Write great code and create unit and integration tests to verify it.
* Participate in development of pipelines for collecting data, and training and deploying machine learning models.
* Relentlessly ensure the quality and performance of your team's code.
* Perform code reviews and participate in defining and supporting coding best practices.
* Participate in designing APIs to help power our internal application platform.
* Participate in devops, release, and on-call activities in support of your code.
* Engage with engineers & stakeholders across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
* Continuously improve your team's agile practices within your team and across GoDaddy.
* Write, edit and improve technical documentation.
We're looking for the following:
Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing. We value talent and interest over specific experience.
* Experience designing, building, and shipping high volume backend services.
* Experience in, or strong interest in A/B testing platforms.
* Experience in, or strong interest in Machine Learning.
* You have worked with a wide set of back-end technologies such as Python, Node.js, and Java.
* Experience with infrastructure technology, like Docker and Kubernetes.
* Experience with CICD platforms such as Jenkins, Travis or CircleCI.
* Experience with AWS. Experience with serverless technologies (like AWS Lambda) is desirable.
* Highly motivated, highly collaborative individuals fit in best here.
* Strong drive to learn and to grow and to coach engineers to do the same.
* Experience in an Agile software development environment.
* You have a strong understanding of git and git-based workflows.
* Experience managing or contributing to open source projects is a plus.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R006435