Our team is looking for a Software Engineering Lead to lead a team of 4-5 hardworking creative engineers who will help us build software for the developer community and light up Xbox Live experiences for a whole new population of gamers. If you are passionate about team culture and will bring energy to the design, coding, and debugging of our gaming technology as you work side by side with engineers on the team to create a positive and fun working environment, then please come join us.
This team builds a gaming SDK and associated experiences that run across all platforms that Xbox Live reaches. Experience with native, cross-platform development is important and the breadth of our reach represents an opportunity to work across many technology stacks. Success in this area requires excellent communication and teamwork as new features depend on coordination across internal and external teams coming from service, client, and gaming groups. Beyond this, guiding a far-reaching SDK team means making meaningful choices between short-term gains and long-term technology commitments.
Xbox Live is an extraordinary place to work for anyone with a passion for addressing the needs of our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and better still when we lift and grow one another. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And we have fun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
On the culture front, Xbox Live is committed to having leaders that embody the positive change being promoted across the company. You are expected to grow and develop your team with positive change in mind. We believe that good leaders build sustainable, long-running teams which in turn leads to better products.
This is your chance to bring gaming scenarios to life on devices that nearly everyone has, while adding huge value to the Xbox business.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.Qualifications
* At least 8 years of professional software development experience
* At least 1 year of people management experience
* Effective interpersonal skills and a history of growing people.
* Excellent design and coding skills.
* Experience building developer-facing APIs to construct high quality user experience that interact with modern services.
* Ability and dedication to pick up new platforms and excel on them
* 5+ years experience in a native language (e.g. C, C++, Objective C)
* Understanding of mobile-specific technical and design considerations
* You have experience in native cross-platform programming across a range of technology stacks.
* Game development experience is not necessary but still a plus
* You having iOS or Android development experience would be delightful
* Having a BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) will likely make you more successful
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* As a technical leader, you will provide architectural mentorship, hold a high bar on quality and lead the projects through meticulous execution. You are not afraid to roll up sleeves and be in the trenches if needed.
* As a people manager you will encourage, attract, hire, mentor and grow a team of hardworking, creative engineers.
* As a product innovator, you will ideate, scope and drive implementation and validation.
* You will design, build, test, debug and ship a quality gaming SDK.
* You will be an active participant in a community of creativity, inclusion, and respect.
* You will use your social skills every single day to collaborate with internal and external game developers, teams and partners.
* The diverse perspective you bring drives our business, and you are empowered to decide how we will all succeed.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.