Req ID: 46252
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The Air Availability and Dynamic Schedules teamdevelops high performance applications that provides schedules and seats availability for shopping and pricing queries.
* Develops, codes, tests and debugs new moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity.
* Has good understanding of business application.
* Works with technical staff to and independently understand problems with software and resolve them.
* Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* May assist in development of software technical documentation.
* Demonstrates software.
* Designs and codes moderately complex applications using routine and/or advanced technology.
* May create optimization programs to resolve problems.
* May design and build prototype applications.
* Validates results of new baseline implementation in all environments
* Analyzes and validates results of QA tests required to provide signoff for baseline implementation
* Performs pre-cutoff baseline performance tests
* Reviews code of peer developers
* Performs on-call duties
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree preferred
* Minimum 5 years related experience.
* Unix scripting,
* Design patterns,
* Good communication skills in English, written and verbal,
* Ability to create database queries
* Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
* Analytical thinking
* Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams
* Understands, interprets and translates engineering requirements into the necessary designs, documentation, and user stories.
'Nice to have'skills:
* Unix scripting,
* Knowledge of Boost C++ Library
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work in a fast pace environment
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Developer, Unix, XML, SQL, Database, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.