ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
The Web Platform team at ThousandEyes is focused on bringing an unparalleled quality and ease of use to common abstractions and application level infrastructure shared by the various ThousandEyes development teams. Our mission is to support ThousandEyes development teams in making the best architectural decisions for their services by building out common components, libraries and infrastructure of the highest quality, and to provide thought leadership on best practices around application design, particularly in regard to a microservices oriented architecture.
You can expect to work on:
* Spearheading the effort towards creation of "microfrontend" services to break our application UI into independently deployable units
* Building the common platform for weaving together the different frontend services that provide the customer facing ThousandEyes UI
* Owning and evolving our shared data visualization and component libraries
* Guiding the standard for how microservice development is done within ThousandEyes
If you are passionate about the freedom to innovate on processes and architecture, high quality API design, and focusing on engineering and system-design heavy projects, this is the team for you!
This is also an opportunity to be one of the founding members of the ThousandEyes NYC office!
What we're looking for:
* A highly independent and entrepreneurial minded engineer
* A fast learner
* Comfortable working with newer technologies
* Somebody with a heavy interest in providing thought leadership and promoting best practices
* 4+ years of software development experience
* Preferred experience with streaming architectures, in particular, Kafka
* Experience with network protocols is a plus
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals
ThousandEyes is a company developing digital experience monitoring solutions.