The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented senior software engineer to contribute to the Bethesda Softworks Digital Publishing Platform. This role focuses the development of customer facing web applications for both our players and our internal studio teams.
As a senior engineer, you will work with product owners to evaluate both high-level requirements, business rules, and user stories. Working with a tech lead, you will guide the implementation approach for a small team of engineers, and you will be expected to help the team deliver a solution that is timely and of high quality.
We are always exploring ways to improve our scale, reliability, and efficiency, and engineers are expected to learn and support new technologies, as well as propose new solutions that solve observed problems.
* Guide the technical development of complex features under the direction of a Technical Lead
* Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
* Support cloud hosted systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
* Actively provide code review and feedback for other developers
* Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
* Ensure consistency with security policy standards and security plan
* Understand and define infrastructure as code to support systems developed
* Collaborate with other engineers and engineering teams to delivery high quality, complex systems - this includes Ops Infra, Security, QA, NOC, and Game Developers
* Coach and mentor engineers
* Other duties as assigned
* 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
* Previous experience with cross-browser development using tools such as HTML5, CSS, JSON
* Understanding of web API services (JSON, REST)
* Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
* Experience with version control systems (GitHub preferred)
* Desire to learn new languages and technology
* Pragmatic approach to providing engineering solutions that solve business needs
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Experience with AWS and containerization strongly desired
* Exposure to responsive design, grids, JSON, AJAX, Node.js
* Understanding of jQuery, Cross-browser, JS debugging
* Experience using cloud infrastructure particularly content delivery networks (CDN)
* Experience with Unit Testing tools and continuous deploy systems
ZeniMax is a media company connecting game developers, artists, designers, programmers, and talents to create entertainment content.