We're looking for a passionate, inquisitive, self-driven, fast paced full stack software engineer with knowledge on a wide range of web technologies to join the Workplace Consulting's Product and New Technology Team.
Our software engineers play a key role on our team, making the ideas we research and refine through user testing come to life by building prototypes and iteratively evolving them into scalable products. We use modern technologies and are always open to improving our tools and our process.
Fidelity Workplace Consulting is a fee-for-service organization that supports Fidelity clients through customized solutions focused on enhancing their benefit plans. The team is comprised of some of the industry's top talent and is adept at focusing solutions that add value to our clients
The Expertise You Have
* You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
* Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us tackle real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
* Are a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask "Why" and "What if"?
* Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
* Have a mindset of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone's job.
The Skills You Bring
* Minimum of 4 years of software engineering development experience.
* Solid hands-on experience working with Node.js, NPM, Asynchronous Programming, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, Java, J2EE, Oracle, MySQL or MariaDB, Maven or Ant, Git, REST, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat
* Solid experience with the Agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodology, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
* Solid experience with writing automated tests (unit, integration, etc.), and experience following Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
* Experience designing for distributed architectures
Any combination of the following is a plus:
* Experience on Python scripting
* Experience or exposure to PCF, Docker, AWS, and other cloud technologies like EC2, S3, VPCs, CloudFront, on-demand instances
* Experience on Automation Tools/Frameworks (JUNIT, Jasmine, Selenium, Protractor)
* Experience on Windows and Linux systems including administration, Bash scripting and automation
* Hands-on experience with the API Design & Development and Micro Services Architecture
* Quadient experience is a plus
The Value You Deliver
* Daily activities will involve designing, development, automated testing, meeting with technology peers (including architecture) to work through technical designs, supporting other developers on the team with their deliverables, and participating in Agile ceremonies (Daily Stand up, Backlog grooming, Retrospective meetings)
* Gathers requirements and runs or participates in the systems design effort.
* Develop maintainable standard and scalable solutions. Ensure the junior team members follow the same principles.
* Adhering to project timelines, addressing and resolving technical issues.
* Fosters teamwork/motivation and spirit of collaboration with project team and business and systems partners
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.