GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy's (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures. With over 15 million customers worldwide and more than 61 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build an appealing online presence, attract customers and operate their business.
We seek a full-stack engineer with a front-end focus to be a part of our team working on the next major version of user experiences for our customers. Our team is responsible for the highest-trafficked web and mobile experience our customers land on after sign in. We are passionate about evolving this customer experience through enhancement and experimentation. We focus on quality to ensure a great experience that can be continuously improved over time.
The development stack spans both Web (React) & Native (React Native) along with modern front-end, back-end, and automation technologies including ES6, Express, Node.js, Redux, Jest, WebdriverIO (WDIO), Kubernetes, Lamda, and Jenkins.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about doing the right thing for the customer and want to learn and grow as we continue to evolve our technology strategy. If you want to work with smart people doing work that will be used by millions of people every day, we would like to talk to you!
Our team is a welcoming place for all people. Some things that make us special:
* Great place to re-enter the working world after time away
* Comfortable open office space, but we provide everything you need to work remote as necessary.
* We value diversity on our teams and can prove it. Check out our company-sponsored diversity groups https://careers.godaddy.com/culture#diversity
* Dedicated, comfortable, mother's rooms
* Generous (unlimited) vacation policy with flexible working hours
* Innovative intern program with local partners
* Generous paid parental leave policy with discounted child care plans in most metros
* Opportunities to work on open source software
* Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
* Perform code reviews and advocate for clean, high-quality code.
* Participate in devops, release, and on-call activities in support of our products.
* Engage with engineers & partners across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact).
* Participate in ensuring a high-quality and performant system that engages and delights customers.
* Support and mentor other developers on the team.
We're looking for a majority of the following experience:
* 5+ years of professional software development experience.
* Strong commitment to learning and growing while coaching others to do the same.
* Experience with a wide set of front end technologies such as React, Vue.js, Ember, Next.js, Angular, Backbone and/or jQuery. Experience with React Native a plus.
* Experience with multiple "last mile" tools like grunt, gulp, or webpack to ship production-ready software.
* Experience in an Agile software development environment.
* Desire to work closely with a team of experts across disciplines to design and implement very high-quality code.
* Experience powering the front-end by creating RESTful APIs.
* Truly full-stack with devops mindset and understanding of continuous deployment using systems like docker, AWS, Artifactory, or Kubernetes.
* Understanding of git and git-based workflows.
* Experience managing or contributing to open source projects is a plus.
* Demonstrated love and advocacy of automated testing (send us a link to your tests on Github!)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Job ID R005588