VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer at our Seattle, WA offices.
As a Senior Software Engineer within VIZIO's Software Engineering team, the successful candidate will play an important role leading other software engineers in developing the company's software infrastructure. In summary, this new addition to our team will: Design, Implements, and Test software related to our software/services.
* Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
* Designs and implements software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
* Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
* Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
* Keeps track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
* Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
* Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
* Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
* Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
* Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
What you bring to the table:
* Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 5 years of development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
* Proficient with .NET and C#.
* Experience building solutions using AWS or equivalent technologies
* Experience with scalable distributed systems
* Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming
* Experience working with RDBMS
* Experience working with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
* Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
* Excellent communications skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
* Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
* Understanding of software algorithms and ability to determine runtime complexity of algorithms.
* Experience with containers and orchestration
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.