Lucid Motors is an electric car company in Silicon Valley, CA that is developing an iconic new electric car from the ground up. Working at Lucid Motors means being part of a shared vision, where we work together to produce mobility solutions that will shape future transportation. To do so, we're looking for an Android/Linux application developer who is experienced in consumer electronics and/or automotive projects. Are you the kind of person who thrives on software/product development, who works collaboratively across organizations and someone who others look up to?
Then we want to talk to you!
As a Vehicle Information User Interface Engineer, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art infotainment systems. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* In conjunction with the user experience design team, define, scope, and refine the user-facing features and interactions.
* Design, and implement the media user interface utilizing the underlying platform, frameworks, and SDKs.
* In conjunction with platform software engineers, analyze and optimize the system to be a highly responsive user experience.
* Diagnose, analyze, and resolve relevant issues based on testing, and user validation.
* A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in front-end software development.
* Experience developing user interfaces on Linux or Android systems, preferably using Qt, Android/Java and/or OpenGL.
* Domain knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostics from an end user perspective.
* Experience with Linux graphics and video rendering, in particular, use of GPU acceleration.
* Experience with additional user interface modalities such as voice, or touch input a plus.
* Passion for user interactions and doing so with excellence.
* Experience with automotive infotainment systems, but not required.
* Experience with mobile application development on Android and/or iOS.
* Experience working in an Agile software development process.
* Rapidly prototype UI solutions for internal demonstrations and technical evaluations
You Should Have:
* Deep expertise in user interfaces and supporting tools & frameworks.
* Experience with IDEs, source code management, unit testing, code review, issue tracking, and graphics performance analysis tools.
* Experience developing user interfaces on embedded Linux systems for either consumer or automotive markets.
* BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
* MS preferred
Be part of something Amazing:
Welcome to a better place to do your life's work.
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Lucid Motors is making unprecedented breakthroughs in clean technology. Work alongside some of the best, most accomplished minds in the automotive industry.
Beyond providing competitive salaries and meaningful equity, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
At Lucid Motors, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
To all recruitment agencies:
Lucid does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid employees. Lucid is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a company designing and manufacturing electric vehicles.