FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Led by some of the most innovative, experienced people in the business, FreeWheel Advertisers powersover 1,200 media buying agencies and advertisers, processing more than $50bn per year. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on us to effectively manage their business. Through ascalable, globalplatform and open architecture, we offer a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape. As part of FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, we power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces that allow buyers and sellers to transact across all screens, across all data types and all sales channels.
We are ambitious, growing, and looking for engineers who share our passion for technology to build for the future. You will take on challenging tasks that push you as a developer, learn from exceptional teammates, and mentor others through code reviews and technology discussions. You will build excellent end-user experiences while using modern technology and tools to make development a delight. You will be respected for your talent and what you bring to FreeWheel Advertisers.
Are you ready to be part of our team?
When joining us as a Senior Software Engineer, UX, you'll be aligned with one of our agile product and development teams, working together with not only other engineers but also with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Architects, QAs, DevOps and Customer support. Some of your responsibilities will be as follows:
* Responsible for planning and designing new front-end web applications and components.
* Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications.
* Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities, particularly in the area of user experience (UX).
* Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
* May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. People who love a challenge, constantly evaluate and question, and above all, love to ship a product that solves real problems. While these characteristics outweigh any specific technical skills, a successful candidate should be able to demonstrate some of the below:
* Good knowledge of functional programming concepts, and other programming paradigms.
* Committed to high quality and easy to maintain code, with experience in unit testing / TDD practices.
* Experienced with designing, implementing and shipping rich front-end applications.
* Passionate about delivering elegant technical solutions that not only meet Client and Product expectations, but are also underpinned by code that is clear, concise, and maintainable.
* Thrive by working and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team, where you can work with, learn from, and teach not just Engineers but also Product Managers, QA, UX and others across the business.
* Happy to engage in discussion with your fellow engineers to reach the best possible solutions for our technical challenges.
* Proactive, inquisitive, always looking for a challenge, and wanting to grow professionally.
* Experience with ASP.NET, .NET, and other Microsoft technologies is a plus.
* Generally requires 7+ years of relevant work experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
As well as working in a fun, friendly and focused environment that is challenging and rewarding on a daily basis, you will also get:
* Health/Rx/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Virtual Doctor Visits
* Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
* Paid Family Leave
* Wellness Programs
* 401(k) match up to 6%
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Health & Dependent Care FSA
* Commuter Benefits
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Comcast Courtesy Services within the Comcast footprint
* Free beverages, snacks, coffee, game room, as well as social and community events;
* Access to training platforms such as Pluralsight, Lynda.com and career development programs
* Assemble a team and participate in our Innovation days, where everyone is given free rein to build something that will awe the entire company;
* And many more!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer