Why You Should Consider Joining UEI
* Key Influencer on latest Hub product unveiled at CES 2019
* Over 400 patents issued and pending
* We are the Brand behind some of the biggest names in Home Automation
* Competitive salary with 50% match in 401K
* Strong history of internal promotions within CA and abroad
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge, here you will solve these problems and impact every day lives all over the world!
Join us and become part of a team that is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and we're just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
You will have the exceptionally exciting opportunity to become our Linux Expert for out latest and greatest product as well as learn and advance in all other areas of the platform including, voice, BLE, AI etc.
Visit our links for more insight:
www.youtube.com/user/ueicorporate www.instagram.com/nevolabs/ https://twitter.com/nevolabs
This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on product releases of our embedded and data driven software solutions, with a emphasis on Linux Kernel Development. The position can be located in our Santa Ana, Carlsbad or San Mateo office. Primary responsibilities include core SDK product development as well as providing direct and in-direct customer support of those products.
* As member of the software development group -
* Work as a member of the Agile cross-functional development team; release and iteration planning; development of user stories, unit test and feature implementation.
* Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture(s), defects, enhancements and other issues
* Work with and maintain automated build and test framework
* Learn our entire platform development cycle
* Prioritize multiple projects in order to deliver to high profile customers
Desired Skills and Experience
* 5-10+ years' experience developing software for consumer products and embedded platforms.
* Solid understanding of software fundamentals.
* Extensive experience with C/C++, embedded Linux platforms and Linux kernel experience.
* Knowledge and background in IOT, Home Automation, RF technologies, Zigbee, Wifi etc.
* Experience with Web Services or any other languages such as Python a plus
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment (Agile-SCRUM/XP).
* A Bachelors degree or preferably an MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Experience working with remote colleagues and clients
About Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics provides wireless control technology for the connected home.