At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work and create - design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk. As a product design team we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation, and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we're looking for:
A developer with an impeccable sense of craft, to help us fill out all aspects of our UI component library. Your standards are pixel-perfect, and your results are intuitive. At Zendesk you have the unique opportunity of joining the Creative Team where you'll work closely with product designers to create the Design System paradise we call "Garden". You appreciate the value of rigorous consistency coupled with the ability to remain flexible enough to accommodate critique and change - a Zendesk brand attribute we call "humblident."
What you get to do every day:
* Be a key player on a small-but-mighty team that makes an outsized impact
* Build out our shared UI component system, where common product design patterns become reusable artifacts precision-engineered for web usage
* Connect with global design and engineering teams to identify and adopt common UI components
* Take 100% ownership of projects from implementation to delivery and solutions consultation
* Bring good vibes to the larger Creative team
What you bring to the role:
* Superior working knowledge of modern React
* Familiarity with popular React patterns and developer tools
* Perpetual curiosity around emergent tools and technologies in the ever-evolving React ecosystem
* Intense focus on quality and sweating the details
* Full-stack development in one or a combination of Node.js-, Ruby-, or Python-based application frameworks
* A desire to provide well-documented, easy-to-consume components to the engineering organization and an ability to think of APIs as contracts
* A strong empathy for usability and visual design; practical, not elaborate
* Familiarity with accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and implementation (when and when not to use WAI-ARIA)
* Past contributions to open source
* 5+ years professional experience
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.