Verizon Media Group
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services' Edgecast content delivery networks helps to deliver video, media, games, and site objects while protecting organizations from today's DDoS attacks. With a global platform of high capacity edge nodes, Edgecast offers the network and performance to deliver the biggest live events, largest game updates, and the best media performance on the web today.
Verizon Digital Media is looking for a senior software engineer to join the Traffic Engineering team. The role is based in Los Angeles (Playa Vista) and works with a highly skilled team who manages critical infrastructure supporting our CDN. The Traffic Engineering team at Verizon Digital Media is responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure that manage 8% of the Internet's global traffic. This includes edge load-balancers, custom DNS infrastructure, health checking and DDoS attacks mitigation. Team members work very closely with a large number of core dev and operations teams to provide solutions that meet our ever growing CDN demands.
* Design and deploy new systems to better manage traffic for the CDN
* Researching and analyzing existing application behaviors and improving performance and stability
* Working within our global network to optimize applications for linear scaling
* Providing tier 3 engineering support to troubleshoot complex problems. This includes some on-call functions.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
* Ability to code well in at least one language, as well as ability to rapidly learn new development languages. Python, C/C++, and experience in multi-threaded environments is a plus
* Experience in of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/S, DNS, BGP).
* Linux system administration and systems knowledge
* Responsible, self-directed, forward thinker, and operates with urgency, focus, discipline and minimal supervision.
* Experience with DNS
* Experience with DDoS mitigation, eBPF or XDP
* Experience with LVS/IPVS
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.