The Ticket Platform team is responsible for scaling our ticket architecture to accommodate Zendesk's exponential data growth and maintain the performance of current ticket operations. We are also responsible for defining and proliferating ticket event streaming into our Sunshine platform to enable Zendesk's product vision of a fully integrated customer support experience. We are a team of generalists who have chosen to specialize and tackle these critical data technology concerns at Zendesk. We are looking for teammates comfortable spelunking any part of the product and infrastructure to drive and build the best architecture possible for Zendesk's core offering.
What you get to do every day:
* Dive into all aspects of how Zendesk works to learn how engineers and customers and behave when interacting with tickets. Use this knowledge to understand why decisions and trade-offs were made to establish a strong sense of why systems behave the way they do.
* Explore the technical possibilities of where Zendesk should build its future upon. Collaborate with architects and leaders to define the architectures and interfaces the company will use for the next decade.Combine your knowledge of Zendesk history with technical theory and execute to build a robust, performant system to scale Zendesk into its next phase as a multi-billion dollar company serving the largest companies in the world.
What you bring to the role:
* 4+ years of experience in large-scale web application development, ideally with 2+ years in Ruby on Rails
* Expertise in database technologies, especially MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB
* Expertise in message brokers and building event driven architectures, especially using Kafka
* Experience building observability tools for system health checks and for performance optimization
* The ability to break down massive, complex problems into realistic, incremental phases of execution
* Capable of reaching consensus without a mandate
* You will need to satisfy customers, technical architects, and Product Managers alike and convince all parties our team's solutions and direction are optimal
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Nice to have:
* Experience with web system technologies like nginx, memcached, Kubernetes
* Experience with Scala or Java.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zendesk is a software development company, providing software-as-a-service products for organizations.