We are the Catalog and Fulfillment Site Reliability Engineering team and are responsible for the tools and services that manage reliability and security for marketplace services. Our team manages tens of thousands of servers and we are looking for a Senior Developer to create next gen automation solutions to help manage site reliability and detect faults in our services.
* 8+ years demonstrated experience in designing and developing enterprise-level internet scale services/solutions.
* Strong design and programming skills in C# or Java.
* Strong hands-on software development expertise including object oriented design skills, .NET etc.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation, communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences, and to lead development teams.
* Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams
* Proven track record of shipping highly-scalable and reliable services/systems
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting and be able to research innovative solutions for challenging business/technical problems
* Solid technical aptitude and problem solving skills, take initiative, and must be result driven strong debugging skills
* Expert understanding of Engineering Excellence processes and requirements
* Expertise and knowledge in modern engineering practices (Continuous Integration, TDD, automated deployments with integrated quality gates)
* Experience with Cloud Platforms like Windows Azure Platform, Service Fabric, Kubernetes
* Experience with Big Data/Analytic Systems like Cosmos or Hadoop implementations
* Experience in eCommerce and/or Supply Chain
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We're looking for great developers writing excellent software. If you have a history of designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills, then we want to talk to you. You should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing. You'll have a passion for quality and be a creative thinker. You'll write secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code, and then effectively debug it, test it and support it live. You should be comfortable owning a feature and making decisions independently.
Experience building scalable cloud services, distributed systems, and/or database systems would be a definite plus.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.