The Commerce Compliance team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team and help enable organizations to create great software and achieve more by continuously improving their engineering in a compliant manner.
The emphasis in this role will be to build and integrate features for the platform of the service, its administration and operations.
As a part of the Cloud & AI team, Commerce Services and Compliance engineering enables Microsoft to run its Commercial business - accountable for ensuring 2/3 ($65B+) of the company's revenue is processed timely and compliantly as well as evolving to meet the ever-changing business needs in market.
This role reports directly to the Principal PM Engineering Lead of Commercial Compliance Engineering. Our charter requires us to Prevent, Detect and Remediate risk across Financial, Regulatory, Trade, Privacy, Anti-Corruption risk areas while transforming how we execute risk assessment using automation and cognitive services. We have an incredible charter to drive transformative impact - this is not your traditional compliance team, we are an energized group looking for a new team member excited about driving transformative impact through improving use of analytics and execution approach. You will serve as a Senior Software Developer working with our PM and remote engineering teams to streamline our execution.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related engineering sciences required
* 7+ years of work experience as a Senior Software developer engineer
* A proven track record of successful results-oriented, solution and project definition and delivery
* Strong emphasis on full stack development agility
* Strong understanding of Microsoft finance systems, processes and organizations/ecosystem
* Experience shipping a regulatory-focused service
* Experience designing Secure Azure features end-to-end
* 10+ years of work experience as a Software developer engineer
* Current experience with Docker and Kubernetes Containers
* Background in data engineering, data science, and/or modern big data technologies.
* Working knowledge of Compliance and Regulatory artifacts, Audits and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.
* Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of developer-facing tools and services.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and across disciplines as a contributor or leader
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience developing for large enterprise-scale projects using software engineering best practices such as agile and dev-ops methodologies, familiarity with Git and containers, and CICD practices. In addition, this position requires:
* An individual with deep engineering experience comfortable with full stack analysis and development
* Requires an engineering background with hands-on technical experience delivering a service
* Comfortable collaborating and coordinating across multiple stakeholder and partner groups, working closely with project management.
* Risk and issue engagement, time and capacity management, are also required responsibilities.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.