Interested in protecting customers from attack? Interested in learning more about security and seeing new attacks firsthand and be part of a team to develop a new approach to protection? If so, the Office Security team is interested in talking with you about our new threat and data protection features for both Office clients and services.
The Office security team has a history of building exploit mitigations and data protection features that make a difference including the Protected View sandbox, Office file validation (fuzzing mitigation), security polices, document encryption and digital signatures, Information Rights Management, and Data Loss Prevention.
You will partner with other teams to understand technologies deeply and build industry impacting features/security mitigations. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Office Security team, you will have end-to-end ownership for your areas including design, code, test and telemetry coverage and show technical leadership for areas you are not directly implementing. You will work with other experienced Software Engineers and Program Managers to ensure we are leveraging solid engineering practices and customer feedback.
* A consistent history of successfully leading, designing and implementing features
* 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, shipping customer-facing code
* 7+ years of Java, C, C++, or C# experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your key responsibilities:
* Work with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
* Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping.
* Work on cross-platform client code.
* Cooperate with other engineers and disciplines to deliver reliable designs and code.
* Be committed to delivering the best experience for our customers
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.