Do you have a vision of the future of Information Security and Compliance platforms? Do you love the intersection of research, platforms and products, clients, cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Information Security? Do you love working with incredibly smart engineers, program managers, data scientists and security researchers to realize a big vision of securing digital information through platforms used by customers all over the world?
We are the Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance team - a fast paced team with a startup mindset within the Microsoft Experiences and Devices organization. We are building exciting services, platforms, and tools that makes it easy to build, deploy and manage complex, hyper-scale, high performance, AI powered Information Security and Compliance solutions in the cloud and end points. Key product lines in our team include Windows Defender Antivirus (AV) and Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), our Office Information Protection suite, and threat intelligence research capabilities. In today's broadly connected ecosystem, providing strong security and data protection are critical challenges for consumers and enterprise customers. Our products and services are foundational drivers for Microsoft 365, and are a major growth opportunity for the company over the next few years.
Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diversity of background and experience enables us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers, while having a blast building it! In addition, we are passionate about learning on the job. Our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we bring our growth mindset to work every day.
* 5+ years of experience as a software engineer working on industrial strength software and a proven track record of having shipped commercially successful software products & services
* 5+ years in data structures, algorithms, highly concurrent programming, analysis of algorithm complexity
* 3+ years of experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies
* 3+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services
* 3+ years of experience in designing systems and processes for running services particularly with scale, drive cost and operational efficiency, continuous integration, feature flighting, and monitoring
* 3+ years of experience in debugging skills for live services using logging and telemetry
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
* Expertise in .NET framework and/or JAVA, C# or equivalent programming language
* Familiar with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
* Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses
* Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Data Scientists and Security Researchers
* Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS. Linux stack and Docker.
* Experience building cloud services using Big Data platforms such as Apache Spark, building ML platforms, tools, and systems is highly desirable
* Practical experience with building Cyber Security products and applied AI is a definite plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us design and build cloud services to bring cutting edge cyber security solutions to our enterprise customers to manage and protect 100s of thousands to millions of devices against cyber threats. The data pipelines and services you build should be able to process 10s to 100s of billions of signals/day, create distributed graph structures and apply Machine Learning models to detect anomalies in near real time.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.