Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki's Dashboard. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.
As a Software Engineer - Test Automation And Tools - Dashboard, you will become a member of the cross-functional Camera testing team. At first your duties will be to understand the existing testing framework in place and their potential but you will research and experiment with other frameworks and assess their viability to achieve best results, aiming for efficiency, scalability, extensibility, reliability and robustness. You will have the autonomy to craft and implement a solution as well as the knowledge and experience of team members to help you along the way.
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make direct impact to the success of our business.
Potential Projects Include:
* Work independently within and without your immediate team, evaluate components and services to be tested
* Design holistic strategy for unit testing, system testing and UI testing utilizing third-party tools as appropriate
* Build out easily maintainable physical infrastructure if needed to support continuous and repeatable testing
* Get code coverage tools working, research and propose how we measure test coverage
* Build a monitoring system around test runs
* Independently collaborating with the UX team, devise, implement and utilize telemetry data to prioritize test areas to maximize user experience gain
* Through effective communication seek buy-in from all the stakeholders to support the plan
* Examples would include: UI configuration testing, response times and latency, live and historic video quality testing, live and historic audio quality testing, cross-browser testing, cross-OS testing, UX and telemetry, build and deploy an integration test system for Camera Dashboard configuration but also some specific features such as live video stream, historic video thumbnails, historic video replay etc.
You Ma Be A Great Fit If You:
* 5+ years of experience using any programming or scripting language
* 5+ years of experience with Test Automation frameworks and tools
* Have Web application knowledge, preferably Rails/React
* Experienced with testing web applications (unit, integration, functional, E2E testing, testing across platforms and across browsers)
* Prefer to work in Unix environments
* Have proven to be a great technical communicator
* Care deeply about improving and maintaining product quality.
Bonus Points If You Have Experience With:
* Docker and/or other container technologies
* Postgres or other RDBMS
* Video stream, video quality testing
* Mobile app testing
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.