AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
First and foremost, you have a CS / EE degree and / or relevant prior experience building Java based infrastructure products and frameworks like application servers, message buses, performance management tools etc. Desired experiences include:
* Built really large services on Amazon Infrastructure, so understand the idiosyncrasies
* Big Data analytics, machine learning, predictive analysis
* 4+ years developing large-scale software applications
* 4+ years in Java/J2EE and object-oriented development
* Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming and load balancing
* Excellent grasp of distributed systems and micro services
About the Role
End User Monitoring (EUM) also known as Real User Monitoring (RUM) measures user experience from real users by capturing performance data on end user devices like Browsers, Mobile Devices, IoT Devices et al. Another aspect of EUM is Synthetic User Monitoring (SUM) where we allow customers to test scripted flows against their websites from browsers deployed around the world. The team manages the Browser Agent (built on Java Script), the IOS Agent (built on Objective C), the Android Agent (built on Java), IoT agents, Synthetic User Agents, the EUM Cloud (A scalable Data processor-think Map Reduce-and Data Analytics), our engine (built on Amazon Web Services components), Synthetic Services to schedule & manage synthetic sessions and integration with all other AppDynamics Products. The RUM Agents are embedded inside the end user app. It instruments the core platform APIs and callbacks and captures end user experience metrics, errors and key stats like device, geo, OS etc. (No Personal Identifying Info). The synthetic agents include a mechanism to pull synthetic session requests, drive Selenium scripts run against browsers instrumented to capture metrics as well as screen shots. All the final data is processed in an infinitely scalable infrastructure built on Amazon Cloud. Some of your primary responsibilities include:
* Build Core Java Services that can process billions of end user requests from some of the largest e-commerce sites of the world
* Scale products with AWS infrastructure components namely S3, Dynamo, EMR etc.
* Zero downtime, zero data drop, continuous deployment, multi-tenant, multi-version etc
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.