Careers that Change Lives
You will join a team of mechanical, electrical and software engineers responsible for developing Medtronic's Robotic Assisted Surgery platform through commercial launch and production scale-up.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS set the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A Day in the Life
This position is in the Boston, MA Seaport District; as a Senior Software Engineer you will focus on infrastructure software, designing and implementing the software architecture.
* Have experience delivering C++ software systems.
* Have experience developing software subsystems which communicate over network protocols, perform data storage, and work on multiple operating systems.
* Have an understanding of a variety of COTS/SOUP packages implementing network stacks, open source libraries and tools.
* Have an understanding of software development methodology to produce quality software as part of a team.
* Clearly document your design choices.
* Work collaboratively in a team: design reviews, code reviews, debug.
Must haves: Minimum requirements:
* A Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience.
Nice to haves:
* A Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, or a Master's and 2+ years of relevant experience.
* A BS/BA in a technical discipline, preferably software related: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering. Master's degree in related discipline preferred.
* 4+ years experience (or MS and 2+ years) working in small SW development teams.
* Ability to understand software requirements and work with system level definitions to refine requirements.
* Experience programming multiprocessor medical devices.
* Experience with software infrastructure development to support data logging, network communication, process management, safety implementation, software installation, network configuration as well as working with build and continuous integration teams.
* Understanding of SW Architecture
* Strong C++ 11 skills.
* Good understanding of 62304 and regulated well-defined SDLC.
* Experience in FDA regulated software delivery.
Standard Office setting in Seaport area of Boston. Some limited travel may be required.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees .